6-Month Contract – AV/IT Event Technician
About the job
Job Title: AV / IT Technician – Events
Term: Fixed-term, 6 months with the possibility of extension to 12 months
Location: Edgware, London
Rate: Paid on a pro-rata salary of £24,000
Prospero Integrated are currently seeking an AV/IT Events Technician for a 6-month contract with a prestigious client of ours based in North London with the possibility for the contract to be extended to 12 months.
• To ensure that the technical and physical preparations for all Commercial Events are completed in accordance with the contractual agreements with clients.
• To manage all technical and physical matters relating to filming and photoshoots and provide technical support where required.
• To provide technical support for commercial events and, where appropriate, the Museum, at exhibitions and events.
• Manage and oversee the work of external contractors in relation to new installations of AV equipment in the Museum. Ensure compliance with all relevant legislation, including CDM, WEEE, DDA and Health & Safety as appropriate
• To liaise with the Estates team and Site Health and Safety staff to ensure health and safety procedures and working practices/standards are followed and complied with especially in relation to working with external parties during the setting up and running of commercial events.
• To provide 1st line IT support for the Museum’s teams and the gallery interactives.
• Support the work of the IT Department in conjunction with the Commercial Events Team.
• Represent the venue in a professional manner at all times.
• Undertake all responsibilities in accordance with venue procedures.
• Operate lifting platforms / other machinery as required.
• Undertake all reasonable additional duties as specified by Head of IT, Commercial Events Manager or other senior staff.
Film and Photo Shoots
• Provide on-scene supervision of film and photoshoots as required.
• To carry out Risk Assessments for each film and photo shoot activity in compliance with Health and Safety Policy and Procedures.
• Provide 1st line technical support for IT hardware, software & telephony across the Museum’s commercial network, AV and gallery interactives, in a timely manner.
• Provide basic Desktop support and Account profile troubleshooting.
• Install new IT / AV hardware and setup new user profiles and equipment, when required.
• Monitoring of IT / AV systems remotely. Create, assign, respond to Support Tickets relating to IT and AV issues.
• Manage and oversee the work of external contractors in relation to new installations of AV equipment in the Museum. Ensure compliance with all relevant legislation, including CDM, WEEE, DDA and Health & Safety as appropriate.
Hours and Physical Conditions
• This is a full-time (40 hours per week, including a one-hour lunch break), fixed-term position.
• You will work any five days in seven and also work some evenings and weekends as and when required.
The above list of responsibilities is not exhaustive and you may be required to undertake other responsibilities as requested, appropriate to your grade. It is the practice of the venue to periodically review job descriptions to ensure they remain up to date and relevant.
If this position sounds like the next opportunity for you, get in touch with us today!
Looking for the next step in your career you can be confident that we have the clients and the national and international reach to find you an opportunity that matches your skill set and experience.