Audio Visual (AV) – Events Technician – London
About the job
Role: Audio Visual Events Technician
Location: London (NW)
Salary: £22-25,000 (dependant on experience)
Prospero Integrated are currently seeking an Audio Visual Events Technician to join one of our fast growing AV Hire and Event Production companies based in London to test, prepare, supply, deliver and set up Audio Visual equipment to the client. Set up and operate the AV equipment at conferences and events. De-rig and return the AV equipment to the Hire & Events department.
Main Duties of an Audio Visual Events Technician:
- Site survey, following client liaison or brief from other staff members, prior to the job being quoted and/or delivered.
- Test, prepare, supply, deliver and set up audio visual hire equipment to the client.
- Set up and, if required, operate the AV equipment at the show/conferences/event.
- De-rig and return the AV hire equipment to the Hire & Events Department.
- Assist with warehouse stock management and related processes.
- Maintain a good working knowledge and accept training on any new equipment or new office systems and procedures.
Other Responsibilities as an Audio Visual Events Technician:
- Occasional deliveries for other departments.
- Technicians will have, as required, use of a vehicle for the better performance of their duties and drivers are responsible for the vehicle they are allocated.
- In the absence of the Hire or Business Manager, decisions must be made on the correct AV equipment to use for the job. Such decisions must be communicated to management on their return.
- Video, Sound, Lighting experience and general computer (Microsoft and Apple) knowledge.
- Must maintain and improve all technical knowledge through in house and external training on both existing and new AV equipment.
- Proven customer service and people skills.
- Proven ability to prioritise own workloads.
Training & Requirements
- Health & Safety Induction at branch upon first starting employment: Manual Handling, Risk Assessments, Fire Assessments etc.
- In-house and external AV product training as and when identified by Management or personally requested.
Health & Safety Awareness
- Health and Safety induction at office upon commencement of employment.
- Maintain a supervisory attitude with a total awareness of health and safety responsibilities when on client sites and/or external venues.
Other Relevant Comments
- Must be able to work well in a team environment as well as under own initiative.
- Some out of hours working will be required and expected.
- Act as an ambassador for and represent the company at all times.
- Full driving licence required.
Looking for the next step in your career you can be confident that we have the clients and the national and international reach to find you an opportunity that matches your skill set and experience.
For further information regarding this position, please contact Millie at: firstname.lastname@example.org