Audio Visual Systems Programmer
About the job
- Fault-finding of audio visual systems to a high level, under pressure
- Preventative maintenance of client owned equipment
- Networking knowledge to fault find IP integrated systems
- Support of TV/Satellite and Video systems
- Completing paperwork for each job ensuring comprehensive reports on work completed
- Communicate identified faults in a clear and concise manner to our clients
- Enthusiastic and organized approach to all assigned service activity General:
- Completing installations from end to end, on time and to a high standard
- Build respect and profile for the business externally and actively bring in business
- Ensure compliance with company procedures where appropriate
- Demonstrates continuous efforts to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality seamless customer service
- Be responsible for on-site H&S Project Management:
- Oversee, direct and be the point of contact for a portfolio of projects from conception to completion
- To deliver the project within the authorised budget, optimising cost and quality parameters with minimal supervision throughout the life of the project
- Abide by H&S laws and be competent in the production of risk assessments and method statements
- Work with the client from the start of each project to ensure you understand the project scope and vision
- Negotiate with vendors, suppliers and subcontractors where appropriate
- Select tools, materials and equipment and track inventory
- Co-ordinate and direct employees and subcontractors, prioritising effectively
- Prepare tender documents, quotations, external reports pertaining to job status and valuations
- Develop and deliver progress reports, analyse results, troubleshoot problem areas and mitigate risks
- Responsibility for the delivery and handover of the project
Salary – £38-40,000 Annually
ESSENTIAL KEY SKILLS AND QUALITIES
Demonstrable track record & experience with:
- Crestron Integration
- Control4 Integration
- Lutron lighting Integration
- Automation Lifts
- Multi-room Audio
- Installation of Projectors, TV installations, Interactive boards and other AV solutions
- Audio Visual Racking systems
- Digital Media Systems (Kaleidoscope)
- Home Cinema system set up & calibration
- Wireless Networks with experience of fitting access points.
- Electronic network equipment for example Switches, Routers and other key components.
- Installation, termination and testing of Data Cabling systems of both copper and fibre optic
- Strong leadership qualities, with the ability to work with both internal and external/freelance staff
- Ability to lead by example and pass on knowledge to other members of staff including Trainee Engineers.
- Ability to run installations within budget and on time.
- Take responsibility of your actions and work to the best of your ability at all times.
- Proficient use of a PC and mobile devices – with good Microsoft Office skills especially Word, Excel and other web based software.
- Hold a current and valid CSCS card. (or valid equivalent).
- Able to work climbing ladders safely and confidently.
Looking for the next step in your career you can be confident that we have the clients and the national and international reach to find you an opportunity that matches your skill set and experience.