Audio Visual Technical Events Director – City of London
About the job
Position/Title: Technical Events Director
Salary: Negotiable on experience
Location: City of London
Prospero Integrated are currently searching for an experienced Project Manager to take the next career step in a fantastic opportunity in the heart of London! The opportunity is within a well established Live Events Production Company as AV Technical Events Director.
Purpose of a Technical Events Director
- Deliver top class events in the corporate sector using the latest AV technology
- Demonstrate project management skills, proactive and confident ability to manage senior clients and large audiences
- The ideal candidate will be required to take ownership and responsibility for the management and delivery of events within the UK and internationally. You will be interfacing with various teams to manage events.
- Full accountability for the planning and budgeting associated with events, as well as the operational management of the events and supporting resource.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Be responsible for managing and coordination of a small team of Event Technicians
- Prepare, rig and de-rig equipment prior to events within the venue and be available on-site for ad hoc technical issues
- Be a “jack of all trades” with underlying experience to step in when needed
- Manage and co-ordinate any specialist external suppliers and oversee their performance, ensuring they focus on accountability and customer service
- Implement and maintain responsibility for all Health & Safety and Risk management
- Ability to work under pressure to ensure large meetings run smoothly in the event of any technical issues
- Ensure compliance with all Health and Safety legislation
- Create, track and manage all event project plans
- Deliver on track and manage event production budgets
- Have a strong technical background to enable understanding and resolution route should technical issues be experienced
- Ability to take on ownership of any problems that may arise
- Should be well organised and flexible and able to approach different types of tasks during the working day.
- Attend client briefing meetings to establish their requirements, provide costs for additional services and recommend design solutions that add value to the event where required.
- A proven ability to project manage a number of live events concurrently.
- Exceptional customer service skills with an understanding of the client’s goals and objectives.
- Prompt and concise communications
- Relevant manufacturer training courses
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in a similar role
- Proven experience and expert knowledge of: Projection Sound/Audio Power Point Video – Edit/Shoot
- CAD floor plan experience
- Hands on management experience
- Budgeting experience
- Complex scheduling experience
- Ability to multi-task
- Experience of production / post production techniques
- A strong technical background with events experience
- Be competent to a high level of computer literacy.
- BTEC, City & Guild, NVQ, or degree in relevant field
Looking for the next step in your career you can be confident that we have the clients and the national and international reach to find you an opportunity that matches your skill set and experience.