Audio Visual Technical Manager – Events & Exhibitions
About the job
Role: Audio Visual Technical Manager – Events & Exhibitions
Location: Central London
Salary: £45,000 + package
Prospero Integrated are seeking an experienced Audio Visual Technical Manager particularly within the events & exhibitions industry to join a prestigious client of ours across their venues in London. The key focus of this role is to support the Senior Technical Manager to maintain the extensive inventory of owned equipment, oversee freelance technical support and deliver network solutions for a variety of centre based events.
- Work across both our London centres, providing both venue infrastructure and event technical management
- Manage and Maintain all venue event technical infrastructure; rigging, lighting, audio-visual, power, data and networking, control and comms systems
- Role will be both workshop and site based
- Work both practically with kit in the venues and carry out admin tasks
- Manage Annual Electrical testing/ maintenance period – Q1 Jan to March
- Manage day to day maintenance of Event equipment and infrastructure
- Plan and execute Q1 Electrical PAT testing/ maintenance period, booking all necessary staff and dealing with administration.
- Plan, execute, audit March and September event rigging equipment LOLER inspection programmes
- Duty holder and appointed “Person Responsible” for Electrical testing of all event portable appliances
- Provide technical support for all live events working collaboratively with the production team in the planning stages of events to assist in specification of required technical kit
- Manage freelance technical team to ensure all equipment is “ready to go” at all times
- Manage the implementation of power and distro for events under BS7909 temporary electrical equipment regulations
- Carry out monthly inspections and operational tests of Plant equipment
- Management of Technical Storage facilities including receiving deliveries and stock management
- Work with the Mall Centre Management depts. such as Facilities, Sales Operations, IT and Risk to provide smooth running of all venue event technical infrastructure
- Support the Senior Technical Manager on Cap Ex and Op Ex projects
- Min 10 years industry experience
- Portable appliance testing experience
- Wide-ranging technical skills with a focus on networking and complex systems
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Able to work solo and as part of a team
- Strong operational and logistics skills
- Strong commercial sense
- Fantastic communication skills
- Strong people management skills
- Basic Health & Safety (IOSH level preferred)
Attributes required for this position include:
- Focus on achieving high standards by working on your own initiative and taking accountability for results.
- Be proactive, focused and resilient whilst maintaining an adaptive approach.
- Honest, hard-working and collaborative with an acute attention to detail
- Embrace change by fostering state-of-the-art knowledge and technology trends to sustain their competitive edge.
- Be committed, motivated and passionate about our people and our company.
- Full electrical qualifications & associated experience
- IPAF / forklift plant licenses (training can be given)
- CAD drawing
The rewards reflect this, and include a competitive salary, a host of benefits including generous discounts at our centres and a stimulating work environment.
If you want to join a truly inspirational organisation which is constantly driving innovation, please review and apply accordingly.
Looking for the next step in your career you can be confident that we have the clients and the national and international reach to find you an opportunity that matches your skill set and experience.