Audio Visual Warehouse Manager
About the job
Role: Audio Visual Warehouse Manager
Location: South East London
Salary: £28,000 – £35,000
Prospero Integrated are currently working with a fantastic events services company who provide technical lighting support to the entertainment and events industry! The rapidly expanding company are looking for a Warehouse Manager to join their team and grow with them.
Our client provides their unique technical services enabling them to bring unusual and highly creative designs to events for within the corporate/live event market, theatre and opera. Our client has a firm belief that their services reflect the power of lighting to brand, transform or theme a space when combined with quality staging, AV, furniture and themeing.
- Take overall responsibility for the punctual and complete preparation and dispatch of rental equipment orders by the Warehouse team.
- Ensure all equipment dispatched is prepared and tested in accordance with the company’s procedures and policies.
- Assist Warehouse team with the servicing, preparation, cleaning and packaging of the company’s rental equipment, within the company’s warehouse, as workload dictates.
- Ensure the handling, storage and assembly of equipment and orders is carried out in accordance with the company’s procedures and policies.
- Provide line management and task allocation to warehouse staff, as per company’s organizational chart.
- Assist with the recruitment and selection of new employees within the warehouse team, as required.
- Monitor and control hours worked by direct reports, in accordance with company employee handbook and relevant legislation.
- Monitor administer and approve payroll payments and overtime payments, for direct reports.
- Ensure that all operational procedures and practices are maintained, observed, operated and enforced at all times.
- Maintain standards of presentation and functionality of rental equipment, in accordance with company’s preparation procedures and as directed. This includes visually, electrically and operationally.
- Maintain and update inventory control systems and update stock levels on all rental assets and stock items.
- Take responsibility for maintaining relevant levels of spare parts, materials and consumables items.
- Provide and coordinate out of hours support and advice to the Projects team, and the company’s clients, as outlined in the companies out of hours procedures.
- Undertake and manage stock check on all rental and sales stock items, as scheduled and as required.
- Take responsibility for the completion of PAT test certificates for each order and the operation and development of the company’s PAT test systems and software.
- Maintenance and repair of full range of company’s rental stock. Ensure all damaged or faulty equipment is swiftly repaired and returned to operational condition.
- Ensure all sub-hired equipment is returned punctually and complete, to eliminate additional costs from sub hire suppliers.
- Loading and unloading of equipment from vehicles. The role involves an element of manual handling of bulky and heavy technical equipment.
- Monitor and enforce adherence to all Method Statements and Risk Assessments related to the safe operation of the Warehouse elements of the business.
Skills, Qualities and Qualifications Required:
- Good communications / interpersonal skills. Fluent speaker of English language.
- Ability to lead and manage a team.
- Flexible and adaptable. Able to respond to short-notice changes in working hours and schedules.
- Practical ability in the use of hand tools and test equipment.
- Electrical and electronics knowledge an advantage.
- Full UK Driving Licence, to include categories B (cars and vehicles up to 3500kg). Clean driving licence preferred. Maximum of 3 penalty points on licence for minor offences only.
- Previous knowledge of lighting / audio / video / technical & scenic equipment.
- Good knowledge and experience of warehouse management.
- Good IT knowledge with a working knowledge of Microsoft Word / Outlook etc.
- Numerate. Basic maths skills and arithmetic required.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
The above list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be exhaustive. Employees are expected to adopt additional tasks when required. These tasks will be in keeping with the general profile of the role.
Looking for the next step in your career you can be confident that we have the clients and the national and international reach to find you an opportunity that matches your skill set and experience.