Audio Visual Technician – Events Industry – Manchester
About the job
Role: Audio Visual Technician
Salary: £18-22,000 + overtime
Prospero Integrated are currently searching for an events Audio Visual Technician to join a well-respected client of ours in one of their prestigious venues in the heart of Manchester. The position will be on a full-time, permanent basis and will involve operation of audio, lighting, video and staging equipment for a variety of corporate/live events.
The Role of an Audio Visual Technician:
To provide AV and technical support where required to all clients facilitating the hotel, bringing together the various elements of full solution offering to deliver top class live events for our clients.
The specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:-
- To service all AV requirements as requested by clients.
- To offer technical advice and support.
- Ensuring that all kit is set up neatly and to a high standard.
- To keep an on-going stock check of equipment stored on site.
- To undertake basic maintenance and repairs of all equipment
- To operate events as needed
- Work at local warehouse branch as needed
Key Skills and Experience Required:
The successful candidate will need to have at least 1 year experience working in the corporate av hire and live events industry with a broad knowledge of audio visual, sound and lighting equipment.
- Experience in a related role
- Hard working and enthusiastic
- Hands on knowledge of technical equipment
- Knowledge and experience of the events/ conference industry
- Client facing skills
- Good communication skills.
- Leadership qualities yet also a team player
- Smartly presented
- Attention to detail and a pride in their work
- Be able show good time management skills
- Be Computer Literate. Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications including Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Full Driving Licence and Van driving experience.
- Strong creative thinking
- A keen interest in the industry and technical developments
- Professional with initiative and flexibility
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills
- Ability to handle more than one project at a time
- Time management and prioritisation
- Ability to build effective relationships at all levels of business
- Willingness to work unsociable hours
If this position sounds like a great fit for you, please apply today! We look forward to hearing from you!
Looking for the next step in your career you can be confident that we have the clients and the national and international reach to find you an opportunity that matches your skill set and experience.