Business Development Manager – Events & Audio Visual
About the job
Role: Business Development Manager
Location: West London
Salary: £45,000 + commission package
Prospero Integrated are currently seeking an experienced Business Development Manager within the Events & Audio Visual industry to join a well established client of ours in their offices in West London. Our client is one of the longest running industry leaders within the AV/Events industry providing full event production services to a variety of prestigious clients across the UK and abroad. Their services include: event management, venue selection, set design, technical AV design, technical AV production and all aspects of bring an event from conception to completion.
The role of Business Development Manager requires strong communication combined with proven customer liaison/ sales skills and an in-depth knowledge of the entertainment technology industry.
Developing a new and existing client base, covering the live events market.
For this role you will be required to target the following sectors:
- Blue chip and other companies & organisations which organise: business meetings, product launches, sales conferences & exhibitions, and any other communal meeting activity, which requires support on a temporary (rental)
- The agencies that organise and are otherwise involved in these event activities and act as coordinators for the end users they serve. These going under the banner of: marketing agencies, production companies, brand managers, PR companies for staging and rental activities and architects, consultants, interior designers and others who plan permanent AV facilities.
- Research and gather market and customer information.
- Identify new markets and business opportunities to quote for business.
- Cold calling, follow up new leads and follow-up/touch base calls with potential clients to get the opportunity to quote for business.
- Develop, and Account Manage new and existing clients ensuring the company has a clear understanding of customers’ businesses and requirements.
- Develop and maintain client records on the Company’s database.
- Attend pitch meetings, presentations and site visits when necessary
- Arrange debrief meetings with key accounts to ensure high level of service was given.
- Represent the Company at networking events, trade shows etc
- Record sales information and send copies to Directors.
- Review your own sales performance, aiming to meet or exceed agreed targets.
- Proposal writing and development.
- Liaise and attend regular meetings with Company Business Development and Marketing Team
- When required, assist with bespoke elements in key account events which could include venue finding and liaison, event management elements, supplier sourcing (entertainment or other)
- You should be highly motivated with proven experience in a sales/business development capacity.
- At least 2 years’ experience within the live events & AV market
- Have a desire and ability to manage all aspects of winning and developing new accounts
- Be able to demonstrate a confident and professional client facing approach within the corporate field.
- Be able to work flexible hours when require with the ability to travel throughout the UK and Europe.
Looking for the next step in your career you can be confident that we have the clients and the national and international reach to find you an opportunity that matches your skill set and experience.