Business Development Manager – Live Events Industry
About the job
Role: Business Development Manager
Location: London (N17)
Salary: Negotiable depending on experience
New Year, New Challenge?
Prospero Integrated are searching for a Business Development Manager to work for a growing AV technical supplier to the events industry. Our client is a smaller production company based in North London and they provide audio, lighting, visual and rigging services to the live events industry. Ideal candidates for this position should have at least 3 years’ experience working in a Sales role within the technical events/audio visual industry.
The Business Development Manager will take responsibility for identifying, and approaching new leads, customers and opportunities for the business. This is not a traditional sales role – as many contracts and opportunities are awarded on the basis of relationship and trust, rather than through conventional, sales marketing and advertising techniques.
The role will identify and secure opportunities to present and quote our client’s services for targeted specific high-profile productions and events throughout the UK, Europe and globally. The objective will be to convert opportunities into tangible orders. The role will coordinate the efforts of the project managers and directors in aspects of Customer Relationship Management and sales retention and growth within the company. The Sales and Business Development Manager will have excellent communication skills with all levels of clients, existing and prospective.
- Accountability for the status of all live prospects / quotes. Through close regular liaison with project managers, ensure quote follow-up process is adhered to and chances of converting quotes to confirmed projects are maximised.
- Take responsibility for updating the company’s detailed Sales Forecast, in conjunction with the project management and operations teams.
- Be responsible for a revenue target, to be achieved by new sales generation and maintenance and retention of existing customers.
- Create a timeline of productions and special events taking place in the UK which match our client’s capabilities and experience.
- Identify, approach and build relationships with key influencers and decision makers involved in these events.
- Secure the opportunity to present, quote and convert the opportunity to an order.
- Respond to qualified leads, produced by own research, market intelligence and pre-sales activity.
- Present credentials presentations to new and existing clients, with other appropriate team members.
- Oversee the preparation of presentation content.
- Review and update leads and opportunities with the Managing Director on a regular basis.
- Assist in the preparation of sales / revenue forecasts and budgets.
- Analyse sales and customer data from prior years, identifying opportunities for repeat business, lapsed customer identification and client retention. Proactively
- Attend and input into regular sales meetings, involving all customer facing staff. These meetings are to discuss sales opportunities and to coordinate the CRM activities of existing and new customers and projects.
- Provide support and input to all project managers within the company, to assist and monitor that all sales procedures and activities are being carried out, according to plans.
- Networking with industry professionals and customers at marketing and trade events. Maintain a good current knowledge of the current trends and opportunities with the live events and live audio rental markets.
- Input into preparation of tender documents and presentations for major projects and contracts, across group divisions.
- Ensure all clients are aware of full range of services offered by the company.
- Ensure new sales leads / contacts are included in marketing activity / newsletters etc.
- Good working knowledge and background in the live events / production industry – An established industry professional with a wide range of relevant business connections.
- Demonstrable practical understanding of the conception, implementation and practicalities of staging a live event, conference etc.
- Experience in an asset rental business / technical production supplier an advantage.
- Knowledge of current professional audio systems, terminology and practices a distinct advantage.
- Excellent commercial and business experience.
- Demonstrably astute, numerate and articulate.
- Ability to present an idea or presentation to a group.
- Sales experience and the ability to coordinate a sales program to a team.
- Exceptional communication skills. The ability to deal with staff and customers at all levels.
- Ability to handle high level of pressure and critical decision making.
- Strong IT skills. Always ahead of and embracing new technologies. Experience of CRM software an advantage.
- Strong skills with PowerPoint / Keynote, to create presentations for projects and targeted credentials pitches.
- Energetic individual, highly motivated, with enquiring mind and passion for accuracy and excellence.
- High level of integrity and openness.
If this opportunity sounds like the next career move for you, please get in touch with Prospero Integrated today! We would love to hear from you.
Looking for the next step in your career you can be confident that we have the clients and the national and international reach to find you an opportunity that matches your skill set and experience.