Deputy Technical Venue Manager – London
About the job
Role: Deputy Technical Venue Manager
Location: Venue-based in Central London
Salary: up to £37,000 +
Prospero Integrated are currently seeking an experienced Senior AV Technician or Venue Manager to join a thriving production company within their Venue Operations team for a Deputy Venue Manager position based in the heart of London, within a prestigious events venue.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the day to day delivery of events at the venue. The role comprises the main technical planning and delivery resource for the in-house team.
The ideal candidate will have extensive experience within a range of event scales and genres. To be considered you must have practical technical understanding of the latest production technologies and processes within the live events sector.
In addition, candidates must have experience managing relationships with a venue as an in-house supplier.
The successful candidate should be driven, motivated and enthusiastic, working closely with the Venues team to develop an established brand and promote a fresh, contemporary delivery mechanism. You should also be a team leader, with skills to motivate your support team.
- You will be required to have a full appreciation of AV, lighting, sound, staging and rigging, and work with the company to develop, promote and develop the brand.
- Day to day duties will include but not limited to:
- Day to day management of in-house Technicians
- Management of large teams of freelancer technicians to deliver events
- Management and logistics of equipment from the company and 3rd parties
- Daily meetings with wider venue team to ensure seamless delivery.
- Ensuring the production of and adherence to H&S documentation.
- Liaison with the various Venue and Service Partners teams ensure a one team approach.
- Proven IT skills, including use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access applications and PowerPoint). Working knowledge of an internal e-mail system and electronic diary is essential.
- Previous experience of managing a team of staff in the technical delivery of events
- Previous experience an in-house Venue Management role
- Very strong attention to detail and accuracy
- General understanding/awareness of all aspects of technical event production including lighting, rigging, audio, video, set design and build, filming and live streaming.
Personal Competencies and Behaviours
- Ability to interact effectively at all levels
- Relating to others and working as a member of a team.
- Deadline conscious-highly organised with the ability to prioritise and multi-task managing a challenging workload and meet strict deadlines
- Willing and flexible approach, with the ability to work on own initiative
- Excellent time management and planning skills, forward thinking and able to add value.
- Maintain company confidentiality at all times
- An awareness of health and safety policies, risk assessments and be proactive in implementing them
- To carry out your duties/responsibilities in a manner that reflects the company values at all times
Apart from the duties summarised in this job description, we retain the right in consultation with the post.
Looking for the next step in your career you can be confident that we have the clients and the national and international reach to find you an opportunity that matches your skill set and experience.