Events Lead Carpenter – London
About the job
Role: Events Lead Carpenter
Location: Beckenham, SE London
Salary – Up to £35,000 p/a with overtime paid at time and a half. Annual company bonus scheme.
You will be based in the warehouse and onsite as required. You will need to be flexible in working hours as working early mornings, late nights and weekends is part of the industry.
Prospero Integrated are looking for Events Lead Carpenter a for one of our well-respected clients to join their corporate production operations based in Beckenham. We are looking for a reliable, hardworking, trustworthy individual who can work on their own or as part of a team. The ideal candidate for this role will have experience working in the events or exhibition industry with practical skills in designing, constructing and building stage sets.
Responsibilities of an Events Lead Carpenter
- To work in the warehouse with the in-house creative team to design and build stage sets and feature items for events.
- To work on site building and finishing sets to a high standard when necessary.
- Manage, assess and repair all additional set and stage stock.
- Manage material, consumable and tool stock in the warehouse.
- Give advice to the creative team to ensure we are always giving the correct workable solution within the budgets set by the project management team.
- Manage larger teams of set and staging crew on site for larger events.
- Manage any changes or problems that occur when on site
- Maintain a pristine workshop environment with particular attention to levels of dust
- Work with the team to constantly update equipment, processes and creative ideas.
- Experience within the theatre, events or exhibition industry as a carpenter.
- A portfolio of work that can demonstrate suitability for the role.
- Methodical, structured and self-motivated person with excellent organisational and prioritisation skills.
- A well organised and calm approach to the job with meticulous attention to detail.
- Good level of computer literacy
- Excellent problem solver
- Excellent communication skills and client facing presentation
- Team player
- Enthusiasm, energy and a ‘Can do’ attitude
- Driver’s License and ability to travel to office/central London out of hours
- Experience of working in bespoke venues around London where standards and working practices are heavily scrutinised
- Knowledge of drawing software such as Auto CAD
- Good knowledge of innovative materials, new techniques and have a creative mind-set to bring new ideas to the company.
Looking for the next step in your career you can be confident that we have the clients and the national and international reach to find you an opportunity that matches your skill set and experience.