Events Set Builder – Permanent, London
About the job
Role: Events Set Builder
Location: West London
Prospero Integrated are seeking an experienced Events Set Builder to join a thriving event production company targeting the live/corporate events market based in West London. The ideal candidates for this position should be in a similar position.
• Main point of contact for all carpentry work and set design.
• Working from and interpreting visual designs and briefs, to offer guidance and advice to Production staff and Clients to ensure the highest possible production standards are met working with the budgets available.
• Coordinating the scenic build prep stage of a project at the Scenery Workshop, whilst liaising with the Operations and Events teams and ensuring that deadlines are met.
• Set building.
• Oversee the onsite team of both permanent employees and freelancers and ensuring that tasks and build items are distributed amongst the team.
• Liaising with the client where necessary to source all relevant scenic details (in particular identifying exceptional requirements).
• Maintaining all aspects of the scenic construction workshop, ensuring all workshop equipment, tools and machinery are in a good, safe and efficient working condition.
• Stock management of consumables and advising Scenery Manager/Assistant Scenery Manager of items that need replenishing.
• Operating within current Health & Safety regulations to ensure a safe environment.
• Keeping abreast of the advances in technologies and techniques in the industry.
• Provide assistance to the Covering Departing as required.
• Liaising and informing the Scenery Manager/Assistant Scenery Manager of any assistance that the department may require.
• Assist in the loading/unloading of delivery vehicles.
• Any other adhoc duties assigned by the Scenery Manager/ Assistant Scenery Manager.
• Previous experience in a similar role, ideally in one of the following areas Events, Conferences, Product Launches and Awards.
• Excellent customer service and communication skills.
• Previous experience of supervising a team
• Good analytical and problem solving skills with the confidence to make critical decisions when necessary.
• Excellent organisational skills and the ability to multi task.
• Must hold a full driving license.
If this position sounds like the next opportunity for you! Please get in touch or apply today!
Looking for the next step in your career you can be confident that we have the clients and the national and international reach to find you an opportunity that matches your skill set and experience.