Events Technical Support Manager – Venue Based
About the job
Role: Events Technical Support Manager
Location: City of London
Salary: up to £35,000
Prospero Integrated are searching for a Technical Support Manager based in-house at a prestigious venue in City of London. The main purpose of the role will be to liaise between the venue and the onsite AV in-house production teams. This position would be ideal for candidates in a similar role or Senior AV Technician ready for the next career move.
- Responsible for management and supervision of external production companies installing equipment and rigging mainly into the main room.
- Providing a technical interface with external production companies, enabling efficient accommodation of their client’s audio visual productions into the building whilst ensuring compliance with the requirements. This will be achieved by calling on considerable previous Audio Visual experience gained in the events market and gaining an understanding of the venue workings.
- Monitor future bookings in DELPHI (booking system), identifying events where the services of the Technical Support Manager might be required, communicating with the event sales team, establishing contact with the relevant production companies and advising both parties of potential issues.
- Maintaining an up to date technical information pack and distributing it to relevant incoming production companies.
- Ensuring production companies submit their production schedules, installation plans and Health & Safety documentation in advance of the event.
- Interpreting and checking these submissions, feeding back advice to the production companies about timetabling, onsite technical issues and to ensure compliance, rules, regulations, terms and conditions.
- Communicating directly to the relevant event sales manager, the number of Technical Sales Manager shifts required based on the up to date production schedule for an event so they can charge the end client correctly.
- Integrate into the operational structure and provide advice and feedback based on your observations regarding operational issues and Health & Safety at the venue. Attend the monthly Health & Safety meeting.
- Supervise production companies on events ensuring equipment and rigging is installed as per previously submitted and approved documentation, acting as the first point of contact for the Production crew when on site.
- Monitoring sound levels during events to ensure compliance with the venues sound limits.
- Management of Load In and Load Out, Pre and Post event with management of crew and noise levels.
- Additional elements of your role during an event are contained in the Standard Operating Procedure and the Technical Support Manager which is reviewed regularly.
- Whilst on-site, you will be expected to display a flexible attitude towards the venue and their clients to promote an excellent customer service.
- Scheduling Technical Support Manager shifts and having a flexible attitude towards shift times including weekends and late nights.
- Your role as part of the Technical Support Team, will require a professional approach, good working practice and high standards of service, sharing your Audio Visual experience, setting a good example to other members of the team and raising any issues with the Technical Manager.
- Maintain a high standard of appearance and client facing skills. When you are on site you represent the venue.
- Whilst working on site you will be expected to comply with all reasonable policies which are applicable to your role including without limitation the dress code standards and security searches.
- Confidentiality of company business must be maintained at all times.
- The Technical Support role falls within the Facilities Department. As a secondary role, when directed by the Technical Manager you will be required to assist where necessary any Facilities duties.
- Continued maintenance of In House equipment where required. This will include changing lamps, maintaining equipment, software updates, fault reporting and PPMs
- You will be expected to display a flexible attitude, assisting other departments as and when necessary.
- To be customer focused at all times.
Looking for the next step in your career you can be confident that we have the clients and the national and international reach to find you an opportunity that matches your skill set and experience.