Experienced AV Installer & Site Supervisor – Events
About the job
Role: Experienced AV Installer & Site Supervisor
Location: SW London
Salary: Dependant on experience
Prospero Integrated are currently searching for an experienced AV Installer & Site Supervisor to join a fast-growing event production company in their Installations based in SW London. This role would suit an individual who is both competent and experienced in installing a wide variety of Audio-Visual systems and has had previous experience in a site supervisory role. The role requires solid understanding of AV systems and system integration.
- To provide professional services to Install and commission of AV installations on a per project basis.
- Site supervision of our and subcontractor teams for Audio Visual installations
- Delivery of site briefings and tool box talks
- Daily reporting from site
- To communicate directly with customers, clients and our staff both face to face, in writing and over the telephone in a helpful and courteous manner.
- Preparation of tools and equipment required to carry out work on site
- To adhere to policy at all times, including `Working Away` and Expenses policies and to maintain records of working hours by means of the system processes.
- To keep up to date with equipment changes and working practices, in particular those pertaining to site work, including health and safety requirements.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a similar role
- Good understanding of AV installation practices and techniques
- Understanding of data distribution networks
- Good practical knowledge of installation techniques and wiring systems
- Able to work at height (IPAF/PASMA desirable)
- Excellent soldering and termination skills
- A thorough understanding of health and safety policies and CDM regulations. The ability to interpret and implement risk assessments and method statements and to be proactive in H&S policies and procedures. (IOSH working safely qualifications or equivalent desirable)
- The ability to interpret site drawings and information are an essential requirement along with excellent communication skills and reporting when dealing with internal staff, contractors and customers.
- An understanding of BS 7671 and its requirements when installing electrical systems is desirable.
- ECS Card Holder
- SSSTS or equivalent
Personal Competencies and Behaviours:
- A high level of attention to detail
- A good team member
- Ability to manage customer expectations
- Deadline conscious-highly organised with the ability to prioritise and multi-task managing a challenging workload and meet strict deadlines
- Excellent time management and planning skills
- To carry out your duties/responsibilities in a manner that reflects the core values at all times;
- Dependable, Friendly, Knowledgeable, Adaptable, Customer Focused, Honourable. Full enhanced disclosure and barring checks will be carried out.
- Full Clean driving licence required
- Work on site will be required. Long distance, countrywide travel and overnight stays are also likely.
Looking for the next step in your career you can be confident that we have the clients and the national and international reach to find you an opportunity that matches your skill set and experience.