In-House AV Technician
About the job
Role: In-House AV Technician
Location: London, West End
Salary: Offering a basic salary of £25,000
Prospero Integrated are currently working with a prestige educational venue to recruit an enthusiastic and determined AV Technician to join their award winning in-house technical team. The ideal candidates for this position would need to have venue based experience within the AV industry. This role is on a permanent basis and will be based in the heart of London’s West End.
Main Duties/ Responsibilities
- Set up and operate both in-built AV systems and mobile equipment within the lecture theatres and meeting spaces.
- Providing first-line AV and IT support, including on-the-spot diagnosis and rectification of problems as and when they occur for presenters at conferences and meetings.
- Liaising with clients both internal and external to provide advice and guidance for their audio-visual requirements for future meeting and event bookings, face to face, by phone and email.
- Minor repair, maintenance and routine servicing of AV equipment.
- Maintaining the cleanliness and presentation of all AV rooms, stores and equipment.
- Updating and maintaining records and databases.
- To ensure the security of all AV equipment in the building whether owned by the Society or hired from nominated suppliers.
- Using all opportunities to promote and sell AV services.
This list is not exhaustive; other duties compatible with employment may be given by line management.
Applicants should be able to demonstrate experience and skills in the Following:
- Data projectors and other display systems
- Audio mixers, DSPs and amplification systems
- Video conferencing with hard and soft codecs
- Audio and Video recording including video mixers
- AV control systems
- Video/audio playing/editing software (particularly Adobe Premiere).
- Video camera set up and operation, video editing and production
- A high level of computer literacy (PC and Mac) including knowledge and experience of using related presentation software software such as Microsoft PowerPoint and Keynote.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Good troubleshooting/problem solving skills ability when under pressure.
- A customer focused approach and good team working/collaboration skills
- A passion for constant improvement through learning and innovation
It would be desirable in addition if applicants are able to demonstrate the following:
- Stage and studio lighting set ups and lighting desk operation
- Relevant AV related qualifications (such as AVIXA/Infocomm Essentials)
- Knowledge of IT networks and how AV equipment/networks interact with them.
- An independent interest in AV/IT technology
- Experience in a similar working environment while deploying all-round AV technician skills.
Looking for the next step in your career you can be confident that we have the clients and the national and international reach to find you an opportunity that matches your skill set and experience.