Project Manager – Technical (AV) Events
About the job
Role: Project Manager
Location: City of London
Salary: Negotiable, Dependant on experience
Prospero Integrated are seeking an experienced Project Manager to join a well-respected global production company within the technical events/AV industry. The position is based within a prestigious venue in Central London on a permanent basis. It is a great opportunity for a candidate in a similar Project Manager position ready to take the next step and grow their career within a fantastic team/company.
Key Responsibilities for a Project Manager
The role of Project Manager is to supply technical, anistrative and logistical support in the pre-production and onsite delivery of live events as determined by the Group Account Director
- Liaise with event managers & venue sales team to produce technical specifications for shows.
- Liaise with specialist departments to ensure technically complex events are specified correctly at initial quoting stage.
- Provide technical expertise to clients, contractors and colleagues.
- Produce client quotations using R2 (training will be provided where necessary), ensuring that the quotation is up to date at all times.
- Produce cable calls for all events, in conjunction with specialist departments where necessary.
- Inform and communicate with venue technicians and where necessary Head Office Coordination team to ensure the smooth preparation of events.
- Oversee the operational delivery of the event ensuring that all timelines are adhered to.
- Responsible for the Health and Safety of the event, ensure that risk assessments and other documentation have been completed and potential risks have been highlighted to the Health and Safety team.
- Responsible for the management of the event delivery team including delivering briefs/ debriefs and ensuring updates are communicated efficiently.
- Liaise with contractors and suppliers throughout the event.
- Act as the point of contact during the event and responsible for any escalation of challenges including sourcing equipment and seeking alternatives when needed.
- Act as company representative on-site and at site visits and event planning meetings.
- Provide a link between the team at the venue and other departments to ensure knowledge transfer.
- Actively engage in continuous improvement ensuring suggestions and opportunities are highlighted to your line manager.
- Demonstrate commitment to the core values of the company.
- Take a participative role in the company’s sustainability initiative and ensure, where possible, your actions support the achievement of this initiative; reuse, recycle and replenish.
- Ensure compliance with all health and safety, corporate, client and legislative standards across the function.
You will be required to develop and maintain positive and progressive working relationships both internally and externally, in order to facilitate growth and integration across the business.
- Experience gained within the exhibition and events industry
- Experience working within a similar role/at a similar level
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work under your own initiative/with minimal supervision
- Audio Visual technical knowledge
- Detailed knowledge of current event technology, signal paths and connectivity
- Competency in leading onsite fault finding of temporary installations
- Good working knowledge of lighting, sound, video and staging and a full understanding of the connections required to design a system
- Knowledge of current H&S legislation relevant to the Live Events Industry
Looking for the next step in your career you can be confident that we have the clients and the national and international reach to find you an opportunity that matches your skill set and experience.