Senior AV Technician – Corporate Events Industry
About the job
Position/Title: Senior AV Technician
Location: Venue, City of London
Salary: Dependant on experience
Prospero Integrated are currently searching for experienced Events Technicians to join a fantastic production company based within a venue in Central London. The role will include operation, installation and management of AV equipment within technical events production. This position is ideal for an Event Technician who is currently venue based and is looking for that next career step.
The role of Senior AV Technician is to supply specialist audio-visual engineering & equipment operational skills both on-site & when required externally. The employee is expected to provide the necessary skills and technical expertise to install, operate and dismantle a range of audio-visual equipment.
Key Responsibilities of a Senior AV Technician
- Installation, management & operation of audio-visual equipment onsite as required.
- Liaise with the Group Account Director and Project Managers to provide support & advice with audio-visual requirements.
- Build strong and sustainable customer relationships with new and existing customers.
- Amending existing audio-visual specifications to ensure the efficient use of inventory, whilst liaising with account handlers & customers to ensure suitability of quotation.
- Maintain customer contact throughout project duration, ensuring that the project reaches a satisfactory conclusion.
- Report back at the end of each project any shortfalls in working practices and possible improvements.
- Assist in the technical preparation of equipment, as directed by the Group Account Director or Project Mangers, to ensure that it meets both our and the client’s standards, including liaising with warehouse staff, account handlers & other Project Managers.
- Act as senior representative onsite where required, ensuring the correct behaviour of freelance crew.
- Ensure regular communication with relevant line/ project manager throughout the duration of the project.
- Ad hoc duties as required in relation to our client, as directed by the Group Account Director or other management.
- Actively engage in continuous improvement ensuring suggestions and opportunities are highlighted to your line manager.
- Demonstrate commitment to the core values of the company.
- Take a participative role in the company’s sustainability initiative and ensure, where possible, your actions support the achievement of this initiative; reuse, recycle and replenish.
- Ensure compliance with all health and safety, corporate, client and legislative standards across the function.
- A 40 hour week working Monday to Friday, typically between the hours of 8.30 – 5.30 (with one hour unpaid lunch).
- You may be required to work evenings and weekends during busy periods due to the nature of the events industry
- You should have experience gained within the exhibition and events industry
- You must have experience working within a similar role/at a similar level
- You must have Audio Visual technical knowledge
Looking for the next step in your career you can be confident that we have the clients and the national and international reach to find you an opportunity that matches your skill set and experience.