Technical AV Production Manager – Live Events Industry!
About the job
Role: Technical AV Production Manager
Salary: £45,000 – £50,000 (depending on experience)
Prospero Integrated are currently searching for experience Technical AV Production Manager’s to join a well-respected name on-site in the retail industry as part of their Events Department. The position is ideal for Production Manager’s who have come from exhibitions/roadshows or events touring.
The Events department is responsible for delivering shows, events and activations for internal and external stakeholders at all centres. The department is made up of a team of Event Project Managers and Production Managers who are responsible for delivering across all aspects of an event.
The Events Production Team have a large role to fulfil the various internal departments and external clients event production needs, from basic power and data supplies for exhibition stands to full show production for trade/commercial shows and international artist productions. To enable the quantity and wide scope of varied activities our own and manage in house a large amount of leading high end technical equipment and infrastructure.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Attend Client meetings to discuss and develop solutions for the client brief
- Prepare budget quotes and CAD plans / 3D visuals
- Attend site visits and production meetings
- Book crew, technicians, equipment and transport
- Support the Client and Event Manager Pre event
- Assess health and safety requirements and create risk assessments and method statements for each event.
- Track the progress of each job and the documentation involved.
- Manage kit, crew and transport on site and liaise with the venue and client on site at the event.
- Manage any changes or problems that occur when on site
- Post event completion of costs, invoicing and all related paperwork
Work with the team to constantly update equipment, processes and provide creative ideas and solutions to enhance events and consumer experience
- Considerable experience in the Technical Management side of production
- Able to use Auto CAD and industry support software (Training Available)
- Commercial sense
- Proven track record in delivering demanding production for shows and events
- Strong Communication Skills
- Basic Health & Safety (IOSH level preferred)
- Excellent ability to build and maintain relationships with the team and all levels of management
- Experience working in a busy, demanding and pressurised environment, delivering under short lead time
- Demonstrate ability to effectively manage time
- Flexibility and willingness to embrace change and new opportunities
- Computer literate in Microsoft programmes: Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, Excel
Knowledge of (ideally strong knowledge in 50% of these areas)
- Delivering Production & General Show Production
- Set and Scenic
- Data and Networking
- Lighting and Lighting Systems
- Video including Broadcast and conference level
- Special Effects
If this position sounds like the next opportunity/career move for you – please get in touch with Prospero today!
Looking for the next step in your career you can be confident that we have the clients and the national and international reach to find you an opportunity that matches your skill set and experience.