Technical Events Project Manager – Surrey
About the job
Role: Technical Events Project Manager
Salary: £28-38,000 + additional benefits
Prospero Integrated are currently seeking an experienced Project Manager within the technical events production industry to join a fantastic, growing company based in Surrey. This is a very exciting opportunity to work with a highly motivated team of project managers and account managers helping our clients bring their events to life using audio-visual/AV technologies. This is an important role that provides an interface between technical and commercial requirements with responsibility for the planning and on-site delivery of a variety of events to ensure the smooth delivery of projects. Ultimately, your success will be demonstrated by successful execution and creation of fantastic looking events.
You may currently be working be working as an audio-visual/AV project manager in live events or as a senior AV/audio-visual technician looking to make the next move in your career. This role requires a technical background, with an all-round knowledge of using AV/audio-visual equipment in the corporate event/exhibition environment. In particular, experience of working within event and exhibition venues is essential.
• Managing and overseeing audio-visual/AV installations at events and exhibitions, and taking responsibility for their implementation on site and subsequent safe removal
• Advising Account Managers on more complex technical elements of live events
• Producing technical schematics, floor plans and visuals
• Engaging in client and project development processes and assisting with pitching for new business
• Calculating and planning manpower and logistics with the Operations Department including technical crew, other crew, teams and vehicles.
This is a fantastic opportunity to enhance your career but you will need to meet certain criteria in order to be eligible for the role.
We would expect you to have:
• Previous extensive experience as an event AV/audio-visual technician is essential. This might be as an employee of an events AV/audio-visual company, within a venue or as a freelance AV/audio-visual technician
• Some AV/audio-visual project management or logistics experience in live events would be useful but is not essential providing you have excellent AV/audio-visual technical knowledge. Note that live events experience is absolutely essential and so project management experience in other sectors is of little value unless you have experience delivering projects in live events
• Good written and verbal communication
• A good level of numeracy and excellent attention to detail
• Very good IT skills including being competent with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
• A Levels or higher, preferably a degree in a technical subject (or equivalent)
• GCSE Mathematics (pass)
Looking for the next step in your career you can be confident that we have the clients and the national and international reach to find you an opportunity that matches your skill set and experience.