Technical Venue Manager – Events
About the job
Role: Technical Venue Manager
Location: Venue based (near Paddington)
Salary: £30-40,000 including a commission and bonus scheme
Prospero Integrated are currently seeking an experienced Technical Venue Manager or Account Manager within the Audio Visual industry as a representative for one of our most valued clients to be based in a prestigious London venue.
This is an exciting opportunity to work in a very prestigious central London venue with a large variety of venue spaces providing events of all sorts and sizes. These range from gala dinners, corporate conferences, sporting events down to small meetings. We are looking for a proactive, well organised individual to work alongside the in-house events team.
This is an important role that provides advice to clients about how to use AV technologies creatively in each space to gain maximum impact for their events and, in addition, helping the venue’s team promote and sell these fantastic spaces. The working week tends to follow regular office hours although the role will occasionally require evening and weekend work.
You will currently be working as an AV account manager or venue technical/AV manager having worked your way up from being an AV technician. You are now looking to make the next move in your career into a bigger role with more challenges and more opportunities. At the moment, you might be working at a hotel or event venue, or as an account manager for an AV company or a freelance event producer. This role is predominantly an account management role where you can demonstrate your excellent technical knowledge, but it does involve some hands-on technical work from time to time for smaller events.
Duties/Responsibilities of a Technical Venue Manager
- Assisting the venue events’ team with show rounds and advice about the best technical solutions to meet client objectives
- Specifying and quoting AV solutions for clients
- Booking equipment and technical resources within our HQ then scheduling and co-ordinating activity
- Producing technical briefs for events
- Occasionally setting up and testing AV equipment for smaller events
- Updating the venue’s and IT systems and databases
- Helping maintain the on-site AV equipment and managing an on-site AV storage
- This is a fantastic opportunity to enhance your career but you will need to meet certain criteria in order to be eligible for the role.
- We would expect you to have:
- Current experience working as an AV Account Manager or Venue AV Manager (for live events)
- Demonstrable track record selling AV solutions to event clients and excellent client facing skills
- Previous experience as an event AV technician is essential. This might be with a venue, as an employee of an events AV company or as a freelance events AV technician.
- Good written and verbal communication
- A good level of numeracy and a GCSE maths qualification
- Excellent attention to detail
- Very good IT skills including competence with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Driving Licence essential
Looking for the next step in your career you can be confident that we have the clients and the national and international reach to find you an opportunity that matches your skill set and experience.