Venue Production Technician – Events Industry!
About the job
Role: Venue Production Technician
Salary: £25,000 – £30,000
Reports to: Venue Technical Manager
Working hours: 40 hours per week over 7 days, contract including evenings and weekends. Overtime is available according to events booked; however, it is not guaranteed.
Prospero Integrated are currently seeking Venue Production Technician’s who have all-round technical skills/knowledge of audio, lighting, video and staging equipment. The successful candidates should have experience within a range of small to large-scale event formats, excellent people management skills, and a practical technical understanding of the latest production technologies and processes. The main purpose of the role is to cover the technical venue service provision to a prestigious venue in London’s Westminster.
The Role of a Venue Production Technician:
You will be part of a small in-house technical team, dealing with day to day delivery of events, management of assets and liaison with clients, ultimately reporting to the in-house Venue Technical Manager. You will be required to bring full cross discipline technical skill in the areas of AV, lighting, sound, staging and rigging.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Setup and management of technical production equipment for events including;
- Operation of audio, video/data, lighting and sound control equipment
- Client facing responsibilities including greeting clients and the setup and configuration of client presentations.
- Liaison with suppliers and subcontractors including the supervision of freelance crew for client events.
- Liaison with project managers, hire, sales and technical departments to ensure seamless delivery of events
- Use of asset management software, and organisation of on-site equipment
The role will interface closely with the in-house venues sales and operations teams. It is predominantly a client facing role, setting up and operating technical systems for client events within potentially tight time frames. You will also be required to be the first point of call for technical support to clients during delivery of their event.
- Face to face client handling and liaison
- First line technical troubleshooting in a time sensitive environment.
- Direction of subcontractors and suppliers during event setup and delivery.
- Setup and Operation of audio equipment including digital mixers, microphones and recording devices
- Setup and Operation of AV equipment including projectors, graphics switching and distribution systems, cameras and recording devices.
- Sensitivity and a consideration for the parameters of delivering events within a unique venue.
- Excellent knowledge of MS PowerPoint and Keynote
- Experience with Crestron systems operation.
- Experience with live streaming and video-conference solutions
Personal Competencies and Behaviours
- Ability to interact effectively at all levels
- Relating to others and working as a member of a team.
- Deadline conscious-highly organised with the ability to prioritise and multi-task managing a challenging workload and meet strict deadlines
- Willing and flexible approach, with the ability to work on own initiative
- Excellent time management and planning skills, forward thinking and able to add value.
- Maintain confidentiality at all times
- An awareness of health and safety policies, risk assessments and be proactive in implementing them
- To carry out your duties/responsibilities in a manner that reflects the company values at all times
- Excellent personal grooming.
Apart from the duties summarised in this job description, we retain the right in consultation with the to include other reasonable duties, which are part of, and incidental to, this type of work.
looking for the next step in your career you can be confident that we have the clients and the national and international reach to find you an opportunity that matches your skill set and experience.