Audio Visual Corporate Events Technician
About the job
Role: Audio Visual Corporate Events Technician
Location: Central London
Salary: Up to £35,000
Prospero Integrated are currently searching for experienced corporate Event Technicians for a well respected client based on-site at a corporate site. The position would be ideal for an experience venue based Technician looking for the next challenge in their career.
Main Purpose of the Role
- Providing support to events team with both planning and running of the events
- Support of all VIP and Event spaces including room testing
- Act as deputy to the Event manager
- Maintain total confidentiality relating to information received for presentations and broadcasts etc.
- Setting up and breaking down audio visual and video conference items as per the client’s requirements.
- Act as point of escalation in the absence of event manager
- Support event manager with event and resource planning
- Responsible for ensuring tickets are raised and tracked for all incidents onsite using the onsite ticketing system
- Deliver a high standard of customer service at all times ensuring all client requests are dealt with promptly
- Attend weekly function pack meeting when required
- Attend client meetings for event planning and show rounds as required
- Ensure all Audio Visual services are delivered to the business in a professional and efficient manner
- Assist and support the client in the use of fixed and portable audio-visual equipment
- Ensure phone calls and emails are answered in a professional manner and within agreed time frames
- Running the audio visual aspect of presentations for high profile meetings
- Helping Event Technician to support video conference calls including liaising with remote offices in respect to the setup and running of video conference calls
- Ensure all equipment faults and requests are reported via the onsite procedures
- Carry out regular scheduled testing of event spaces and meeting rooms
- Ensure all paperwork for the site is completed correctly and in a timely manner
- Any other responsibilities as requested by your manager or senior member of staff
- A deep technical understanding of digital and analogue audio and video signal processing standards protocols, and familiarity with the Audio Visual engineering.
- A genuine interest in all things technical and a desire to understand how things work
- Good IT skills
- A strong drive to expand your skills
- Good written and verbal communication
- Extremely competent in prepping and operating a wide range of AV equipment in live events to a consistently high standard
- Good time management and planning ability
- At least 2 years’ industry experience in field’s relation to live event/Auditorium
- At least 2 year of customer service or hospitality experience is desirable
- Ability to work flexible hours
- High knowledge of Microsoft PowerPoint 2010/2016
- Familiarity with Qumu Broadcast Management System
Technical Knowledge Required:
- Yamaha digital Desk QL5
- Analog Way Ascender 32,
- Analogway Vertige
- Cisco Video Conference System
- Panasonic Vision Mixer
- Mac / Windows Machines
- Qys Systems
The post holder will be required to work based on event requirements. Time off will be given for any hours worked over the standard 40 hours per week. Overtime will be offered for unsociable. 1 hour per day will be given for lunch. It is the post holder’s responsibility to ensure they have read and fully understand the procedures and policies for the site.
Looking for the next step in your career you can be confident that we have the clients and the national and international reach to find you an opportunity that matches your skill set and experience.