Audio Visual Lead / Project Manager – AV Install
About the job
Prospero is working alongside a successful AV install company in Staffordshire.
They are currently looking for an Audio Visual Lead Engineer/ Project Manager to join their team.
The Project Manager and Installation Team Leader role is an initial temporary contract up to 6 months with potential for permanent contract thereafter.
A broad, field based, multi-function role, based around our AV/IT installation activities – to provide hands-on support on the fulfillment of their installation service.
The role requires candidates to have experience in managing projects and small teams to a high level of quality within required (often tight) timescales.
Your main tasks will be:
- Installation, repair, service of Audio Visual and IT equipment.
- Site surveys to assess and cost jobs against customer requirements. This includes technical and engineering oriented “selling” to clients.
- Preparation of equipment, tools and materials to support the business
- Preparation of quotations in close partnership with our supply base
- Technical support of sales process, including interface with customers.
- Maintenance of tools, stock, fixings and other installation materials.
- Ordering of materials and products in support of installation requirements.
- Project planning and materials management to ensure successful completion of installations within time and cost budgets
- Sign-off and certification of completed projects inline with our processes including filing of appropriate documents, technical files, control system programmes and photos (for marketing purposes)
- Pro-active engagement in our growth and process improvement
Reporting to the engineering director, you will be expected to demonstrate pragmatic and pro-active thinking in helping us get the job done on time and to a high standard of finish.
You will be expected to rapidly build, maintain and develop your knowledge of products, techniques and our methodologies/ethos to ensure you are very competent in all aspects of audio visual products and installation.
The role is of a physical nature and will be site orientated delivering work alongside the engineering team.
As we are nationally based candidates should expect a large element of travel, long days and overnight stays in the job role.
If you feel you fulfil the above criteria please send your CV into us!