Audio Visual Show Technician-London-Permanent
About the job
The role of the Show Technician will be a mobile and versatile technical support interface between the Venue Account Manager, Dry Hire team and the end clients / venues. Technical expertise along with excellent organisational skills, are required to handle the diverse array of projects.
- To work in a shift pattern as organised by the Venue Account Manager and be on duty at weekends on occasion, when requested.
- To prepare, rig, operate and de-rig equipment for events within the venue and be available on-site for ad hoc technical issues.
- You will be a point of contact for clients and venue representatives on a day-to-day basis to ensure customer expectations and requirements are fulfilled.
- You are to adhere to the Company’s and venue’s grooming standards at all times whilst on site at the venue or other venues if appropriate.
- Ensure all items are accounted for before and after each event by following proper security, storage, transportation and maintenance procedures.
- Provide a high-quality technical service in terms of set ups/de-rigs and client facing responsibilities.
- Assist with the load-ins/load-outs of equipment going into/coming out of events.
- Operate and provide routine maintenance of integrated audio-visual equipment.
- Understand integrated control systems, be able to trouble shoot and liaise with systems integrators
- Cultivate relations with all staff i.e. operational team members, sales and front of house teams to develop on-site relationship.
- Report to the Venue Account Manager and the venue staff any client communications/requests; where appropriate, ensuring that communication does not break down at any stage.
- Use your initiative to fulfil any additional client requests and/or resolve any technical issues whilst on-site.
- Foster good relations with all of the Branch Operations to ensure that full back-up support is provided from front of house/warehouse.
- Attend meetings with the Venue Account Manager as and when required to ensure that all delegated duties are carried out effectively and efficiently, meeting all deadlines and objectives.
- To help other in-house operations as instructed by the Venue Account Manager/Technical Venue Manager, if necessary.
- When on site at an operated venue; manage the in-house stock control and report any damaged, lost, stolen, faulty equipment in the correct procedure
- Maintain good working relationship with all in-house technicians/freelance technicians working within the venue on behalf of the Company.
- Cover for Managers at Single Person managed venues
- Competence with H&S procedures, risk assessments and a working knowledge of rigging and hanging infrastructure within venues
Looking for the next step in your career you can be confident that we have the clients and the national and international reach to find you an opportunity that matches your skill set and experience.