Audio Visual Small Project Engineer-Aberdeen
About the job
Main Purpose of Position
To work within the Service Solutions Department to coordinate the delivery of Small Works Audio Visual.
Definition of Small Works (This is a guide only and may be changed by Management)
- Small Works should not be greater than 50K in value.
- If Small Works require the involvement of more than two Departments only the first two may have a commitment of greater than 5hrs.
Critical Job Success Factors
Deliver Projects to specification on budget and on time and to the client’s satisfaction.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Manage multiple projects within the budgeted cost and to the satisfaction of the client
- Plan a project’s scheduling work and resources to ensure that the project is delivered on time and within budget
- Ensure that the quality of the delivered system is maintained
- Control and maintain the necessary project documentation in the job files
- Ensure that the H&S files are in place for your projects and that safe systems of work are put in place
- Liaison with other internal departments, clients and contractors ensuring that they know what we need from them and what we need to deliver to them
- Understand the contractual requirements of your projects
- Deal with all aspects of the financial management of your projects, including invoicing and variations, ensuring that we are not financially exposed and receive payment in a timely fashion
- To have a good understanding of installation techniques
- Be able to interpret customer requirements
- Be able to accurately estimate the labour and materials costs of systems
- Perform on-site surveys, installation and commissioning on shore and off shore
- Represent the company with the necessary level of professional conduct and presentation
- Act as a Service Engineer when so directed by the Technical Services Manager
- Carry out occasional service and PMV’S calls
- To perform any other actions and responsibilities as reasonably requested by company management.
- Have a broad knowledge of Audio Visual installations
- Be organised, flexible and able to approach different types of tasks during the working day
- The ability to prioritise and work under pressure is essential
- Be computer literate
- Be able to understand project budgets and schedules
- Be able to financially manage projects, maximising the company’s margin opportunity
- Be able to work as part of a team
- Ability to think laterally and find an appropriate solution to fulfil an application
- Capable of good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Have a minimum of two years relevant experience in the Audio Visual or related industry
- Have a valid passport
- Have a valid Driving Licence
- Have the Legal right to work in the UK
Looking for the next step in your career you can be confident that we have the clients and the national and international reach to find you an opportunity that matches your skill set and experience.