CNC Operator/Scenic Carpenter
About the job
Role: CNC Operator/Scenic Carpenter
Prospero Integrated are currently seeking an experienced CNC Operator/Scenic Carpenter to join a thriving production company based out of their head office near Watford. The role will involve operating and maintaining the three-axis CNC router and undertaking carpentry tasks to suit the needs of the fast-paced live events work.
Key Responsibilities of a CNC Operator/Scenic Carpenter
- Operate & maintain the Pirana ATC three axis CNC machine
- Assist with carpentry tasks to support the busy scenic workshop
- Liaise with Workshop Manager to ensure timely delivery of CNC elements
- Manage workflow and adapt work schedules to suit production requirements as they evolve
- Setup toolpaths for CNC elements when required
- Load & unload the machine
- Monitor the machine whilst in use and ensure items match drawings
- Ensure all elements are delivered within require deadlines
- Clean the machine after use
- Undertake basic maintenance tasks on the CNC machine
- Order new cutters as required
- Maintain a clean & tidy work environment
- Dispose of all off-cuts and store excess materials in line with company procedures
- Report any operational issues or damages in a timely fashion
- Provide guidance to other staff with regard to CNC capabilities & uses
- Undertake carpentry tasks as specified by the workshop manager
- Build & deliver bespoke scenic elements to a high standard
- Interpret working drawings & briefs accurately and efficiently
- Maintain all tools and workshop facilities in an appropriate manner
- Assist with the installation of projects on site when required
- Operate within all protocols and procedures
- Promote safe working practices throughout all areas of company operations
- Adopt a positive, can-do attitude to all challenges
- Act as an ambassador for the company at all times
- Undertake any other tasks as reasonably requested
You must be a competent CNC operator, preferably with a background in scenic construction. You should be able to interpret working drawings and briefs to produce finished pieces to a high standard. You must have an excellent working knowledge of machine operation and construction techniques in timber, laminates, plastics and metal substrates.
You must possess a keen eye for detail and excellent problem-solving skills. You should be comfortable adapting and reacting to changing priorities with a calm and methodical approach. The role involves a substantial amount of manual handling and you must be physically fit.
The ideal candidate will be enthusiastic, eloquent and passionate about delivering beautiful 3D environments. You must be keen to learn and develop your expertise continually, meticulous and thorough in your work and have excellent interpersonal skills.
Due to the nature of the live events industry working hours will be varied and will include evening and weekend work. Schedules can be subject to change at short notice and a flexible attitude to working hours will be essential.
To apply for this position, please send a covering letter & CV to email@example.com
Looking for the next step in your career you can be confident that we have the clients and the national and international reach to find you an opportunity that matches your skill set and experience.