Scenic Production Manager
About the job
Role: Scenic Production Manager
Location: South East London, SE6
Prospero Integrated are looking for a Scenic Production Manager for one of our well-respected clients based in SE London, to join their production and scenic operations. We are looking for a reliable, hardworking, trustworthy individual who can work on their own or as part of a team. You will be based at the office and onsite as required. You will need to be flexible in working hours as working early mornings, late nights and weekends is part of the industry.
The role of Scenic Production Manager is an exciting proposition within our company going forward. We have a very strong sales team who are pushing us into more exciting areas of the events industry allowing us to be creative in the type of events we produce. We are looking for a candidate with a thorough scenic background who is willing to push the boundaries in our work, helping us to progress further into the realms of production agency over audio visual supplier.
- Hands on scenic construction experience within the live events industry
- Organised and a meticulous attention to detail
- A good manager of people, both in a workshop and on-site environment
- A calm problem solver and good communicator
- CAD experience with layout, site and construction drawings
- Knowledge of large format printing techniques and substrates
- To be the main point of contact for quoting and spec’ing scenic requirements including scenic crew
- Scheduling all workshop resources for the preparation and manufacture of all scenic items
- To attend site visits and client meetings to ensure a practical overview to a project’s scenic requirements
- To give scenic advice and help to Designers, Account Managers, Production Managers and Sales staff
- To maintain planning visibility of all scenic requirements and to enforce agreed deadlines
- The ordering and producing of PO’s for stock as well as job specific items and materials
- The ordering and producing of PO’s for appropriately skilled on-site as well as workshop freelance and crew carpenters
- To organise and run all appropriately sized on-site installations and de-rigs as requested
- The ordering and producing of PO’s for job specific print and graphics requirements
- Outsourcing job specific elements where appropriate
- HOD is available to help with quoting, spec’ing and ordering during busy periods
General Requirements Ensuring:
- The workshop is kept clear, clean and tidy
- Stock is always returned to its correct storage position
- All admin paperwork is completed on time and to the highest standard
- Computer systems, data bases, and diaries are kept up to date
- All appropriate CDM and health and safety regulations are adhered to both in the workshop and on-site
- All appropriate paperwork is supplied to site for the scenic onsite team
- Financial margins are maintained
- Keep records of all overtime worked
- Maintenance of appropriate stock holding
And any other reasonable tasks or duties as directed by your manager or senior member of staff.
If this position sounds like the next career move for you, please get in touch with us today!
Looking for the next step in your career you can be confident that we have the clients and the national and international reach to find you an opportunity that matches your skill set and experience.