Senior Project Manager (Audio)
About the job
Role: Senior Project Manager (Audio)
Prospero has an exciting opportunity available to join a growing production company as Senior Project Manager (Audio). The role is on a permanent basis and you will be primarily based out of the company head-quarters in Manchester, and on-site as/when required.
- Act as first point of project contact in all areas of delivering a project; to include design and calculation of technical specifications, equipment, crew schedules, power specification, transport requirements, etc.
- Produce quotations, proposal documents and budgets for a full range of projects and live events.
- Negotiate and secure orders for quoted services to drive maximum value for money for client, combined with profitable and efficient supply by the company.
- Match client requirements to available rental stock to maximise profitable delivery and execution on specific projects.
- Assemble and manage teams including colleagues and freelancers to deliver projects successfully.
- Monitor project progress and act as point of contact for client in the event of any changes or additional requests throughout the project.
- Undertake client relationship visits and site visits, as directed and under own initiative.
- Act as primary point of contact on-site in the delivery and implementation of allocated projects. Oversee equipment and crew on-site and act as representative of the company, to the client.
- Produce Risk Assessments & Method Statements (RAMS) for projects and keep abreast of the company’s H&S Policy and current industry regulations and best practice. Ensure compliance with H&S policy on site.
- Manage any project changes and customer confirmations, collating and reporting all charges to be invoiced.
- Prepare all paperwork and keep job files for each project updated and available for input from other team members.
- Ensure that all relevant information is recorded on the internal ‘PMOPS’ system in a timely manner, e.g. labour and logistical requirements
- Prepare project invoices and close job file upon completion of each project.
- Provide and coordinate out of hours support and advice to active projects and clients, across the productions managed.
- Ensure that issues with equipment on site are communicated back to the Audio department, so that hire stock can be maintained to the highest standard
- Provide support to the Directors, in other aspects of the business’s activity, as required, requested and directed.
- Research and identify prospective new clients and projects, from professional network and industry sources. Introduce the Company’s services to new customers, converting initial contact to tangible revenue.
- Provide feedback to Directors of any areas of improvement, development or growth of the business identified. Take a role within the team in problem solving and contribute to team & business improvement.
- Meet with, appraise and select freelance crew and suppliers, wishing to provide services to the company.
- Keep all work-related information confidential and act in a professional manner at all times, in all work and industry-social situations.
- Ensure that the Company’s policies, rules, procedures and obligations are observed in carrying out the above duties.
- Industry experience of working in a similar role is essential. We are particularly active in the large-scale music event sector currently, so experience in this area would be invaluable. However, the company is seeking to broaden its coverage in other sectors, so applications are welcome from candidates with other – or wider – experience
- Demonstrable passion for high-quality audio delivery
- Extensive knowledge, experience and understanding of current pro audio equipment and working practices, to include:
- The d&b audiotechnik Workflow, or another top-level manufacturers’ system design and management tools
- A wide range of common digital consoles, particularly Digico; Yamaha; Midas
- Lake system management
- Modern audio networking protocols and practices
- RF systems and management
- Rigging and power distribution (NRC, IPAF and BS7671/7909 qualifications a benefit)
- A high level of computer literacy and experience of rental management systems, particularly Hiretrack NX
- Knowledge of Health & Safety principles and legislation, preferably backed up by a recognised qualification
- Ability to multitask and prioritise a demanding workload.
- Excellent team leadership skills
- Ability and enthusiasm for solving problems under pressure and making critical decisions.
- Demonstrably astute, numerate and articulate.
- Ability to operate at a strategic and practical level, as opposed to simply managing.
- Energetic individual, highly motivated, with enquiring mind and passion for accuracy and excellence.
- High integrity and openness, combined with commitment to good governance and best practice.
- Be eligible to live and work in the UK
- Possess a full driving license and current passport
- Be physically fit and able to engage in manual labour
- Be prepared to regularly work anti-social hours on- and off-site
Looking for the next step in your career you can be confident that we have the clients and the national and international reach to find you an opportunity that matches your skill set and experience.