Sound & Lighting Project Manager
About the job
Role: Sound & Lighting Project Manager
Prospero has an exciting opportunity available to join a growing production company as Sound & Lighting Project Manager. The role is on a permanent basis and you will be primarily based out of the company head-quarters in Manchester, and on-site as/when required.
To manage the delivery of specific projects to ensure total satisfaction with, and positive outcomes from, client interactions. Work on site to install, operate and remove the Company’s equipment & systems, to ensure the successful delivery of projects. Manage budgets so that the financial objectives of the company are met and protected through your work. Manage the delivery of specific projects to ensure that the design, specification, and delivery of equipment and services, creatively meets and exceeds the client requirements and the company objectives.
- Act as Project Manager, or as part of a wider team, in all areas of delivering a project; to include design and calculation of technical specifications, equipment, crew schedules, power specification, transport requirements, etc.
- Work on site as appropriate to install, operate and remove the Company’s equipment & systems, to ensure the successful delivery of projects.
- Produce quotations, proposal documents and budgets for a full range of projects and live events.
- Negotiate and secure orders for quoted services to drive maximum value for money for client, combined with profitable and efficient supply by the company.
- Match client requirements to available rental stock to maximise profitable delivery and execution on specific projects.
- Assemble and manage teams including colleagues and freelancers to deliver projects successfully.
- Monitor project progress and act as point of contact for client in the event of any changes or additional requests throughout the project.
- Undertake client visits and site visits, as directed and as required by the needs of a project..
- Act as point of contact on-site in the delivery and implementation of allocated projects. Oversee equipment and crew on-site and act as representative of the company, to the client.
- Produce Risk Assessments & Method Statements (RAMS) for projects and keep abreast of the company’s H&S Policy and current industry regulations and best practice.
- Manage any project changes and customer confirmations, collating and reporting all charges to be invoiced.
- Prepare all paperwork and keep job files for each project updated and available for input from other team members.
- Prepare project invoices and close job file upon completion of each project.
- Provide out of hours support and advice to active projects and clients, across the productions managed.
- Provide support to the Directors, in other aspects of the business’s activity, as required, requested and directed.
- Provide feedback to Directors of any areas of improvement, development or growth of the business identified. Take a role within the team in problem solving and contribute to team & business improvement.
- Keep all work-related information confidential and act in a professional manner at all times, in all work and industry-social situations.
- Ensure that the Company’s policies, rules, procedures and obligations are observed in carrying out the above duties.
Behaviours & Competences
- Excellent commercial and business experience.
- Ability to multitask and prioritise a demanding workload.
- Knowledge of Health & Safety principles and legislation, preferably backed up by a recognised qualification.
- Demonstrably astute, numerate and articulate.
- Ability to operate at a strategic and practical level, as opposed to simply managing.
- Ability to handle high level of pressure and critical decision making.
- Strong IT skills. Always ahead of and embracing new technologies.
- Demonstrate understanding of and experience of an asset-based business.
- Energetic individual, highly motivated, with enquiring mind and passion for accuracy and excellence.
- High integrity and openness, combined with commitment to good governance and best practice.
If you would like to be considered for this position, please get in touch and apply today!
Looking for the next step in your career you can be confident that we have the clients and the national and international reach to find you an opportunity that matches your skill set and experience.