Technical Manager – AV Events Production
About the job
Role: Technical Manager
Prospero Integrated have a brand-new opportunity available for an enthusiastic individual to join one of our clients in the events industry as Technical Manager. Our client provides high quality lighting, audio, video and scenic solutions to the live events industry. Their clients rely on us to deliver bespoke production solutions to a wide range of prestige live events across the UK & Europe. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in lighting / audio / video / IT system design & implementation along with a good working knowledge of the latest technologies and best practice. You must be able to demonstrate experience within the production industry and have a good range of professional contacts and knowledge alongside a positive, can-do attitude.
In this role you will provide technical leadership, guidance and support to internal and external stakeholders. You will share your expertise to support the delivery of a wide range of high-profile projects, ensuring all services are delivered to the highest of standards. You will support the broad inventory of professional lighting / audio / video / IT equipment as well as working on the delivery of bespoke special projects.
- Act as the technical lead for the business providing technical guidance and support to internal & external stakeholders
- Provide technical leadership and support to all full time and freelance staff covering lighting, audio, video and IT equipment
- Provide technical guidance and training with regard to operation and implementation of lighting, audio, video and IT equipment
- Provide technical guidance and training with regard to equipment purchases & investments
- Support the Warehouse Manager in continually developing and improving equipment preparation standards
- Manage shortages, lost & quarantined items to maintain accurate asset tracking
- Liaise with clients, venues, internal staff & contractors to trace missing items
- Provide technical guidance and training with regard to basic equipment maintenance and repairs
- Manage complex equipment repairs using internal and external resources to minimise equipment down-time
- Undertake complex repairs to equipment where appropriate
- Support the Project Management team with the development of bespoke lighting, audio, video, IT and electronics solutions to suit project requirements
- Design, deliver and document bespoke solutions in a timely fashion
- Support other departments & staff with all aspects of project delivery
- Adopt a creative approach to problem solving and adapt and react to changing circumstances at speed
- Operate within all protocols and procedures
- Promote safe working practices throughout all areas of company operations
- Adopt a positive, can-do attitude to all challenges
- Act as an ambassador for the company at all times
- Undertake any other tasks as reasonably requested
You must be enthusiastic, eloquent and comfortable communicating with stakeholders of varying levels of technical expertise. You will be highly computer literate and ideally have a solid grounding in electronic and electro-mechanical technologies. Excellent interpersonal skills will be essential along with a good sense of humour!
Due to the nature of the live events industry working hours will be flexible and will include occasional evening and weekend work. You may occasionally be required to provide on-site support where required. A full driving license will be extremely beneficial.
This is a great opportunity for the right candidate to join a fun, friendly and passionate team delivering a varied and exciting project base. To apply, get in touch with Stephanie at Prospero with your CV details and covering letter for this role.
Looking for the next step in your career you can be confident that we have the clients and the national and international reach to find you an opportunity that matches your skill set and experience.