Technical Production Manager – Live Events
About the job
Prospero Integrated are currently searching for an experienced Technical Production Manager to join a fantastic events agency in the heart of London.
Our client has nearly 25 years industry experience and a history of delivering events both globally and throughout the UK for a variety of clientele. This position is ideal for candidates who have Production Management experience working within Live Events or Theatre.
Ensuring the successful delivery of events, working alongside the Head of Production and the Project Management team you will be responsible for providing technical event solutions for our full lists of projects managing key creative, technical and logistical elements.
Main duties of a Technical Production Manager include:
- Lead on the planning and practical delivery of the technical elements of all events to a high standard.
- Operate events; incl. inspections and onsite management when required
- Event Management – plan, organise, and manage resources to bring about the successful completion of technical events and projects
- Attend presentations and pitches on behalf of the company when required
- Produce kit lists, production schedules and all other related paperwork such as risk assessments, technical specs and CAD plans
- Source and contract third-party suppliers as required, obtaining quotations to ensure best value for money for the organisation
- Draft budgets for all aspects of the events as directed by the Head of Production. Manage or ensure that production costs are managed
- Offsite venue and entertainment selection, including themeing and design
- Ensure that internal resources and services are appropriately managed to facilitate recharging and invoicing
- Write risk assessments and method statements, ensuring that Health and Safety policies and Licensing requirements are always met
- With the Project Managers, collate, review, assess, sign off and distribute third party risk assessments
- Ensure that all parties involved in the delivery of the projects are both familiar and compliant with the Health and Safety policy and all associated policies, procedures and methods of working
- Develop client briefs and objectives by turning them into live experiences taking ownership of effective live communications; theme and messaging and brand experience when required
- Deputise for the Head of Production on all production related matters if requested.
- Carry out such other duties as may be reasonably expected of the post as required by the Head of Production
- Significant experience of Production Management within a production/creative agency or AV company. Must have experience of medium to large-scale conferences and exhibitions.
- Experience of production managing events across a range of events
- Experience of working with artists or companies from overseas and an appreciation of the rider needs
- Excellent time management
- Excellent organisational skills
- Knowledge and practical experience of all relevant Health and Safety regulations
- Knowledge and experience of current rigging and work at height practices
- A good working knowledge of AutoCAD software
- Experience of setting and managing production budgets and other financial processes
- Ability to work well under pressure in a busy environment
- Able to pay close attention to detail and maintain accuracy whilst handling a varied and demanding workload
- Computer literate and highly competent in use of word and excel
- First Aid qualification desirable
- Full Driver’s License
If this position sounds like the next career move for you, please apply below today and get in touch with Prospero Integrated. We would love to hear from you!
Looking for the next step in your career you can be confident that we have the clients and the national and international reach to find you an opportunity that matches your skill set and experience.